What to expect from your Brick Doctor experience…from free estimate to job completion.
1. Call us. We are doctors of brick, and can help you determine if you need our services; or perhaps you just need some self-help advice or a referral to another contractor if we’re not a good fit. In any case, we’re here to help you any way we can.
If you need our expertise, we’ll….
2. Set up a Free Estimate Consultation…No hassles, No High-Pressure Sales, Guaranteed. If you are calling about a project at your owner-occupied home or business, and your zip code is within our service area, Brick Doctor can meet you to discuss your needs and provide you a free written estimate of the repairs.
Don’t be timid about small jobs…we’re happy to help you repair just one brick! And for mailboxes and many small jobs, we have standard pricing and can send you a proposal without you having to wait to schedule an appointment.
Although the recommended scope of work will be outlined in writing–usually with sketches–we strongly suggest you meet with us to allow a chance for dialog. We want to eliminate–as much as possible–any opportunity for misunderstandings. A face-to-face meeting gives us our best chance for this.
In some circumstances, we do charge an initial service fee. For properties in the D/FW Metroplex, but outside our service area, or for non-owner occupied properties, a service fee will apply for the initial consultation.
Our experts are also available for fee-based consultations on properties you may want to evaluate. This option may be especially useful if you suspect a brick or chimney problem in a property you are considering for purchase.
Two quick side notes:
- Please be patient with us. In the busy seasons all good service companies will have some backlog, and we are no exception. And unfortunately, Brick Doctor is not for everyone…if getting your job done tomorrow is your first priority, please call someone who has no backlog. Our customers believe getting it done right is more important than getting it done today. Many of our jobs involve redoing the work of other contractors who were likely both cheap and quick. So….it could take up to two weeks or more to schedule a time for our initial visit during peak periods. If you are willing to wait, we’re confident you won’t be disappointed. And if you do have a legitimate emergency, we will try to accomodate you on a rush basis–but expect that extra charges may apply.
- Our initial inspection may not include a complete analysis of all potential problems, for example, if we are inspecting your chimney and it is particularly tall and/or the roof is a steep pitch. Nor does the free estimate ever include leak-testing. However, in all but the rarest circumstances, we can design a scope of work from this initial service call, and give you a written bid for your project.
Still like us? Take the next step….
3. Check Us Out! Like Ronald Reagan once advised, “Trust, but verify.” We’d like to convince you that you can expect great quality and service from Brick Doctor on your project. But don’t take our word for it…. Ask your neighbors and friends, consult with the Better Business Bureau (there are two local BBB offices, Fort Worth and Dallas ), and be sure to look over our customer references. Also check out the useful information on hiring contractors.
Ready? Let’s do it!….
4. Authorize us to Proceed. Once you have carefully read the proposal and reviewed the scope of work, along with any sketches, feel free to follow up with any unanswered questions or concerns. If all is agreeable, sign and date the Proposal and mail/email/fax it back to us ASAP so we can get your job started right away.
5. Job Execution. As soon as authorized, we will begin the job behind the scenes by locating any special materials needed, such as matching brick. If we are responsible for cleaning up debris from an accident (such as vehicle damage to a brick wall or mailbox, or a chimney struck by lightning), we will expedite that process to secure the area and make it more presentable while you wait. Finding the right brick, scheduling the right crew, and getting the job done right could take one to four weeks, so ask your Project Manager for an estimated date of completion.
Once you are pleased with the completed job, please….
6. Make Payment. Rarely will we require any payment up front–especially on small jobs–as we don’t want you to be anxious or uncomfortable while waiting to see how the job turns out. If we have not met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know at once so we can make it right–we don’t just want you to be ‘satisfied,’ we want to take your breath away! Once the job is completed with excellence, please be considerate and pay promptly by check or money order, Visa, or MasterCard (convenience fees may apply for credit card payments).
Our team is eager to help, so call us if we can serve you in any way. Contact Us