The Brick Doctor pros can help you design a mailbox that best meets your needs and budget. Even the most basic flat-top brick mailbox can be a very handsome addition to your landscape, but you may want to consider several other factors relating to quality, style, and function.
In designing your brick mailbox, you may want to consider these optional features to enhance or personalize it to your liking:
1. Arched Top. A rounded shape on top may be best, usually designed to compliment or match an arched entrance or arched windows on the home.
A semi-circle shape made with saw-cut, pie-shaped brick in the radius.
Precision brick cuts are made with a diamond-tipped masonry saw, and allow
more evenly spaced mortar joints, for a most professional look.
A much flatter arch than a semi-circle, shaped more
like—you guessed it—an eyebrow!
2. Steeple Top. This shape comes to a point at the top, much like a gable on a house. Saw cuts are necessary for professional-looking results.
3. Projecting Courses. These can add definition to the structure at the top and/or bottom for added depth or interest.
4. Planter Boxes. These may extend on one or both sides to accomodate flowers or other plantings. The planter box section must have a concrete foundation under it as well.
5. Quoin Corners. One or more courses of brick that indent or protrude, to match the design of some homes’ corners.
6. House Numbering Options. Several numbering options are available to clearly identify your address.
Cast Stone Number Block
This is the most popular option, as it beautifully and permanantly displays your house number in a most visible way for your guests or emergency personnel.
Brass Number Plate
A custom-made brass plate, not attached to the outside, but installed into the brick when built.
Economical, but attractive, installed on mailbox door.
7. Cast Stone Cap. A custom-made white cast stone pyramid-style cap for flat-top masonry structures.
8. Lockable Security Boxes. Click here for more info
9. Custom Designs. Have a special design request? No problem… feel free to submit a picture of one you like, or perhaps even a simple sketch of your own ideas. Our artisans can build any design of your choosing.
Do you have questions that were not answered here? Feel free to contact us. We would be glad to help. Perhaps the pictures below will stir your thinking more. Let us know if we can do anything to help you!